- How to get an e-mail address
- Here are a few hints to make a more effective post.
- Do I need to name a price?
- How do I know which post the buyer is asking me about?
- I have not received or lost my deactivate/change/delete ad email. How do I get a copy?
- Information for Hotmail account users
1. How to get an e-mail address
There are a number of companies like Yahoo and Hotmail that offer free e-mail addresses. Just click on one of the links in the previous sentence to sign up.
2. Here are a few hints to make a more effective post.
Try to make your post title from adjectives and nouns, short, and concise so it is easy to find. For example, "Free 27" Sony TV" and not "Free 27" Sony TV. Can be wall mounted". Leave the "Can be wall mounted" for the post description field.
The reason for this is that a buyer may be searching for a trash can and find your post instead because some searches will interpret the word "can" as a noun instead of a verb.
It is not required but it is very helpful to some buyers to know your city and state. There are buyers who do not want to have items shipped but are looking for items they can see and pick up themselves.
3. Do I need to name a price?
You can solicit offers just by requesting that the buyer make an offer.
4. How do I know which post the buyer is asking me about?
The buyer may not even be aware that you have more than one post. They are simply responding the one e-mail address you supplied. A way around this problem is to use a unique e-mail address for each post.
5. I have not received or lost my deactivate/change/delete ad email. How do I get a copy?
Just click on the link below.
Request ad email
6. Information for Hotmail account users
From the Hotmail web site "Hotmail may delete messages to bring the account under the limit. After these messages are deleted, they cannot be recovered".
If your deactivate/change/delete email is deleted, use the procedure described in this help file to request a copy.
Hotmail may also place your deactivate/change/delete email in its junkmail box. If it does, the links in the email will
not work. The email should be moved to another folder as soon as possible because email residing in the junkmail box will
be automatically deleted after seven days.